Hello and welcome to my blog!
In this blog I write mainly about mental health and my experiences with obsessive-compulsive disorder, otherwise known as OCD. I am a college student studying ecology and evolutionary biology with a love of all things nerdy. I also enjoy dancing, traveling, photography, and puppies.
My original intent in starting a blog was to have a place to freely express my thoughts and experiences in regards to having OCD. I have spent many, many years not understanding my anxiety and as a result remaining silent about it. Now I have been officially diagnosed with OCD and am moving towards both understanding and getting better. The blog serves as my voice on OCD: an end to my silence.
However, my goal has also broadened to hope that this blog can help raise awareness about what OCD truly is, something that has grown increasingly important to me. Most importantly I hope that perhaps what I write can help someone else struggling through something similar. I think being able to know others have had similar experiences is incredibly important.
Essays and guest blog posts published on other websites:
- International OCD Foundation Blog:
- AlisonDotson.com: Tuesday Q&A: Morgan Rondinelli
- The OCD Stories: On Avoiding Writing This Essay
- Treatmyocd.com: Ten Tips for Recovering from OCD
- OC87 Recovery Diaries: Who Am I? A Student With OCD & Anxiety
- The Mighty:
- 5 Ways to Help During National Suicide Prevention Week (and Beyond)
- Fighting Depression is like Having an Angel and Devil on My Shoulders
- What You Don’t Expect to Hear in the Psych Ward
- 3 Tips for Talking to Someone About Their Misuse of ‘OCD’
- An OCD Cheat Sheet for OCD Awareness Week
- Why Advocacy Is Important When Your Illness Is ‘Invisible’
- When OCD Took Away My Ability to Read
- How to Stop Avoiding Because of Anxiety: The 24-Hour Challenge
- A Thank-You Letter to My Professor, From a Student With OCD
- The 10 Biggest Lies OCD Tells You (And Why You Shouldn’t Believe Them)
- Houston OCD Program Blog: What is it like to be in residential treatment?
- By Lauren Hayley: A Secret Case of OCD
- Out Of The Darkness (feature): Morgan’s Voice
Presentations and videos:
- 24th Annual OCD Conference: Exposing with Harry Potter!
- Mental Health Monologues 2017: “1 in 100”
- PULSE Mental Health Training, student speaker
- University of Michigan Depression Center: Peer to Peer Depression Awareness Initiative: Conference for Student Teams and Mentors, student speaker
- The OCD Stories Podcast: My OCD Voice (Ep 38)
- 23rd Annual OCD Conference
- “Mental Health Monologues: Sharing Stories, Reducing Stigma”
- Monologue performance: “Superpowers” (video)
- Michigan Daily 2016 Story Slam
- Monologue performance: “Superpowers” (audio) (starts at 56:40)
- Peer-To-Peer Depression Awareness Campaign 2016: Community High School
- CAPS in Action, Real Stories Of “Leaders At Their Best”: Morgan’s Story (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Depression on College Campuses Conference 2016
- Investing in Ability Week 2015: Stigma, Stereotypes & Bullying
- Active Minds U-M Student Panel: Changing the Conversation about Mental Health
- Mental Health Monologues 2015: “Superpowers”
- The Exposure Series (Presentation during OCD Awareness Week 2014): “When I hear the word exposure”